Create a 7-12-slide PowerPoint Presentation about the way drugs affect the brain. Include the following in your presentation:
1. Title and reference slide
2. A description of the effects of addiction on the components of the central nervous system and other organs
3. A description of the process of neurotransmission
4. Detailed speaker notes that include what would be said if giving the presentation in person
5. At least two scholarly sources
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. A link to the LopesWrite technical support articles is located in Class Resources if you need assistance.
This assignment meets the following NASAC Standards:
3) Describe the behavioral, psychological, physical health, and social effects of psychoactive drugs, including alcohol and tobacco, on the consumer and significant others.
4) Recognize the potential for substance use disorders to mimic a variety of medical and psychological disorders, and the potential for medical and psychological disorders to co-exist with addiction and substance abuse.
14) Be familiar with medical and pharmaceutical resources in the treatment of addictive disease and other substance-related disorders.
103) Describe warning signs, symptoms, and the course of addictions.