In a four- to 5 -page, APA-formatted paper, address the following:
Review the law school case briefs below and select two of the following cases to focus on for your CLA 2 deliverable:
Case 1: , LLC, 60 Cal. 4th 474, 177 Cal. Rptr. 3d 539, 333 P.3d 723 (2014)
Case 2: , 642 Fed.Appx. 181 (3d Cir. 2016)
Case 3: , 987 F. Supp. 2d 1113 (D.N.M. 2013)
Case 4: .,13 F.Supp.2d 705 (N.D.Ill. 1998)
CLA 2 Assignment Instructions:
- Compare the two cases of franchise business and legal issues, including comments on the parties being sued, the parties filing suit, the financial damages in each case (distinguish between actual and potential damages if needed), and the ability of the alleged infringing party to make financial restitution.
- Summarize each case in your own words.
- Use the IRAC structure to identify issues and apply law and facts to the case. The IRAC method has four steps:
- Identify the issue.
- Relevant law – Here you need to explain the law, not just state it. This could be sections/s of the Corporations Act or case law.
- Application to the facts – the law is applied to the facts of the problem.
- What have the cases and this course taught you about franchising and small businesses in relation to business law?
Make sure you cite at least six (6) peer-reviewed sources