Having a working knowledge of content-specifics and an ability to select talent gives the principal and the placement team a proactive approach to identifying, interviewing, hiring, and placing teachers based on the needs of the school as it relates to teaching and learning and meeting the needs of students.
Allocate at least 2 hours in the field to support the field experience.
Using district resources, review the teacher placement process in your schools district. Focus on the legal aspects of hiring, shifting, and transferring certified staff based on quality teaching requirements and district procedures. Evaluate how the placement process aligns with the schools mission and vision on teaching and learning. Collaboratively discuss your review of these resources with a human resources representative from the district. Then, discuss with your principal mentor the school administrators responsibilities related to hiring and placing teachers.
Use any remaining field experience hours to assist the principal mentor and, provided permission, seek opportunities to observe and/or assist the principal mentor.
Write a 500-750 word summary that addresses the following:
- The setting of the school and district you reviewed (i.e., public, private, charter, and size).
- District policy and/or collective bargaining procedures, seniority requirements, union or professional association mandates.
- Teacher screening procedures and rationale for established procedures.
- Your evaluation of the alignment between the districts placement processes and the schools mission and vision.
- How the process you evaluated is fair and equitable and/or how the process could be improved in these areas.
- Why familiarizing oneself with these policies and procedures is vital for administrators in making purposeful and legal decisions in the best interest of the school environment.
- How you will apply what you have learned to your future professional practice.
APA format is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
This assignment uses a rubric. Review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. A link to the LopesWrite