Literature Review Assignment Instructions
The student will research and write an original 8-10 page Literature Review of the training topic proposed in the previous Training Proposal, Methodology, and Rationale Assignment. The Literature Review must include at least 9 scholarly articles from peer-reviewed journals, published within the past five years and available within the Liberty University library databases, plus the Bible. The Literature Review must meet the standards of the current edition of the APA manual for in-text citations, references, headings, grammar, spelling and mechanics.
Length and References
The Literature Review must be at least 8–10 pages full and complete pages of original discussion and narrative in length, excluding the title page, abstract, and references, that utilizes at least 9 scholarly articles from peer-reviewed journals published within the past five years and available within the Liberty University library databases, plus the Bible. References may not come from websites, blogs, newspapers, books, textbooks, dictionaries, conference proceedings, magazines, dissertations or theses. Strict conformance to current APA standards must be provided for in-text citations, references, headings, grammar, spelling and mechanics.
General Format and Sequence
The Literature Review must contain the following required elements:
· Title page
· Introduction: A comprehensive, scholarly introduction to the Literature Review including a clear thesis statement supported by in-text citations. A Level 1 heading is required.
· Content/Main Body: A comprehensive, scholarly review of the 9 articles and the Bible, organized under Level 1 headings and supported by in-text citations, including but not limited to the following: the theoretical models and/or conceptual models used in the article; the research methodology used in the article and a description of the sample size and/or demographics; the research findings and conclusions reported in the article.
· Conclusion: A comprehensive, scholarly conclusion of the Literature Review, supported by in-text citations. A Level 1 heading is required.
Each of the 9 references plus the Bible must be discussed and correctly cited in the narrative.
Paraphrase – Do not quote
The paper must not be a series of quotations. It is the student’s skills in critical analysis and scholarly discussion that are being evaluated in this assignment; therefore, quotations should be kept to an absolute minimum. Zero quotations are preferred. The ideas, concepts, and findings located in the 9 scholarly articles should be paraphrased in the student’s own words, correctly cited.
The content must be organized under Level 1 headings (and Level 2 headings where applicable) in accordance with the APA format.
All pages of all assignments, including the title page and reference list, must be double-spaced and typed in 12-point Times New Roman fonts with one-inch margins on all four sides. MS Word attachments only. The Literature Review must meet the standards of the current edition of the APA manual for in-text citations, references, headings, grammar, spelling and mechanics.
The following resources are provided by the Academic Success Center. You can access the Academic Success Center and the Online Writing Center through the link provided on the Literature Review Assignment page under Literature Review Resources.
· APA 7th Template (Graduate/Doctoral)
· APA 7th Sample Paper (Graduate)
· Literature Reviews: A Guide
Note: Your assignment will be checked for originality via the Turnitin plagiarism tool.
Page 2 of 2