Assignment Specifications for Marketing Research Assignment
Professor Christine Miner
Principles of Marketing
Pick a Topic! Pick one topic that interests you the most from the lists immediately below: Advertising
• What are the best forms of advertising for a small business, large business, government, etc.?
• Do an analysis of appropriate/recommended social media platforms and advertising mediums based on generational demographics, e.g. Gen X, Gen Y, Gen Z, Baby Boomers, Millennials, and Zoomers
• Analysis of your top five favorite advertising slogans and why they are your favorite
• Censorship in advertising, good or bad?
Consumer behavior • Emotional influence on consumer behavior
• Biggest influences on consumer decision making
• Methods to predict consumer behavior
• Influence of social groups on purchase intentions
• Consumer behavior and brand image
E-marketing • What is the most effective marketing method in the digital world and why?
• Is traditional marketing still relevant? e.g., television, radio, newspapers
• Newest trends in marketing and their effectiveness
Social Media Marketing • Social Media: A blessing or curse for society? Why?
• Is there a correlation to the emergence of social media and impacts to youth? Why or why not?
• The role of Influencers in marketing? e.g. microinfluencers.
• Marketing and Public Relations: what is the difference and what are the advantages/disadvantages of both?
DUE: 3/03/23 The paper should include the following: Format and References
• Be creative in design, but ensure all required information is included! Build something that you will be proud to present!
• Utilize three or more credible sources (primary and secondary). Utilize the MGA Library databases and reputable sources online. Note: Wikipedia is not a credible source and should not be included in your paper.
• Paper length 8-10 pages; including a title page and references page. • Proofread for grammar, spelling, and punctuation. Very important! • Plagiarized work will receive a zero (0).
• Use headings, sub-headings, sub-sub-headings, etc. whenever you change the topic. Do not turn in a paper without headings, etc.
• Write paper using MLA format • Indent the beginning of each new paragraph. • Include a title page with the title of the project, your name, and any other
information you deem useful. • Do not write the paper using an outline format.
If you have any questions or problems, please notify me well in advance! Best of luck!