1. Give a brief summary of the article. This portion should be 3-4 paragraphs summarizing the main points of the article.
2. Discuss in detail how the article is related to the class material. You can relate the article to course readings, class lectures, videos, or class discussions. Be sure to cite your sources when appropriate using APA 7th edition format.
3. How would you apply what you learned from the article to your professional career in criminal justice? Be specific.
4. The length of the critique should be approximately 3 full pages in length. The critique should be typed, doubled spaced, using 12 point font. Use one inch margins. Please use subheadings as appropriate. You will need a title page with a running head. You will also need a reference page citing all your sources. These will be turned in and graded. These critiques also will be discussed in class so please prepare accordingly. Be sure to bring a copy to class with you on the due date.
Website for book: Vitalsource.com
Username: and Password: Hawks2022!
Book: Probation and Parole
Please answer questions 14-18 on page 86 of the textbook. please answer with at least 2 paragraphs and incorporate key terms or key people in your answers.
Please watch the video, "When is Bail Considered Excessive? An Eighth Amendment Analysis". And write a reaction paper.
1. Summary or Synopsis of the video/documentary or book.
a. Identify the main issue presented and summarize the key points of it.
b. Identify the themes in the video/book. What were the basic messages relayed in the video/book?
c. You might summarize the stories presented in the video or people/characters profiled in the video/book.
2. Analysis or Evaluation of the video or documentary.
a. Discuss the relationship between what is presented in the video/book and the course material. Be specific.
b. Do you think criminal justice practitioners or policymakers are adequately addressing the issue? Why or why not?
c. How would you apply what you learned from the video/book to your professional career in criminal justice? Be specific.
d. How did you feel about the issue presented? Was it educational, interesting, enlightening, disturbing, or troubling? Explain.
a. The length of the reaction paper should be approximately 3 full pages in length (see reaction assignments for specific number of pages). The reaction paper should be typed, doubled spaced, using 12 point font. Use 1 inch margins.
b. Please use subheadings as appropriate. You will need a title page with a running head. You will also need a reference page citing all your sources. Be sure to cite your sources when appropriate using APA 6th edition format.
As a general rule, it is good idea to support your opinions with empirical research. You must demonstrate that your opinions are informed opinions.