The Progressive Movement Guided Reading Questions.html
Unit 3: the progressive movement
"The Progressive Movement": Guided Reading Questions
Guided Reading Questions for Chapter 21: The Progressive Movement, 1890-1920
- Why did Progressivism emerge when it did, and what were its primary goals?
- What were the main features of Progressivism?
- How and why did Progressivism attempt to expand democracy and make government more efficient?
- What were the concerns of social-justice Progressives? How did they propose to solve these problems?
- What did Progressivism offer women and black Americans?
- What were the agendas of the three Progressive presidents, and how successful were they?
Easy Preparation and Additional Media
Prime yourself further for the reading with the Crash Course video below.